Travel insurance with a single pregnancy up to week 28 covered as standard
The fact that you are pregnant does not stop you needing or wanting to travel abroad.
Sun Selection can offer travel insurance cover to women who want to travel when they are pregnant. With travel insurance from Sun Selection you will be covered to travel up to week 28 of a single pregnancy or 24 of a multiple pregnancy as long as your airline or other transport provider is happy to carry you and you are not travelling against doctor’s advice.
- Medical expenses cover for a normal single pregnancy and normal childbirth up to week 28, or a multiple pregnancy up to 24 weeks
- From week 29 – 40 (or week 25 – 40 for a multiple pregnancy) cover for medical expenses & cancellation cover is only provided if complications occur
- No extra charge for pregnancy travel insurance.
- No need to declare your pregnancy when you buy
- You must still declare all medical conditions, whether related to the pregnancy or not
Travelling When Pregnant
Travelling When Pregnant – Pregnancy is not a medical condition, so you are able to travel until you are quite late into your pregnancy. Our policies include emergency medical expenses cover for pregnancy and childbirth from week 0 to week 28 inclusive for a single pregnancy, 0 to week 24 inclusive for a multiple pregnancy whilst you are away.
From the start of week 29 to week 40 for a single pregnancy, or 25-40 for a multiple pregnancy, there is no cover for claims relating to normal pregnancy and normal childbirth or cancellation, however, medical expenses and cancellation cover will be provided if any of the following complications arise: Toxaemia, Gestational hypertension, Ectopic pregnancy, Post-partum haemorrhage, Pre-eclampsia, Molar pregnancy or hydatidiform mole, Retained placenta membrane, Placental abruption, Hyperemesis gravidarum, Placenta praevia, Stillbirth, Miscarriage, Emergency Caesarean, A termination needed for medical reasons, Premature birth more than 12 weeks (or 16 weeks if you know you are having more than one baby) before the expected delivery date.
Please note we will not cover denial of boarding by your carrier so you should check that you will be able to travel with the carrier/airline in advance.
It is essential, if at the time of booking your trip you are aware that you are pregnant, that you ensure that you are able to have the required vaccinations for that trip; no cover will be provided for cancellation in the event that, after booking you discover travel is advised against, or you are unable to receive the appropriate and required vaccinations for that country.
Please make sure your Medical Practitioner and Midwife are aware of your travel plans, and that there are no known complications and you are fit to undertake the planned trip.
Pregnancy travel insurance – Cover and Benefits
- Medical and repatriation expenses up to £10 Million
- 24 hour emergency medical support
- Cancellation cover up to £5000 (Platinum policies)
- Personal property up to £3000 (Platinum policies)
- Scheduled airline failure (Insolvency cover) included
- Gadget (smart phone/tablet) cover available
- Missed Connection cover available
See our full Travel Insurance Schedule of Benefits for more information about our levels of travel insurance cover for pregnancy.